Medical Manager Remote Access
aichains
2004-08-18 23:35:26 UTC
What program is everyone using for remote ssh access to SCO machines
running Medical Manager ? I've tried about every combination of
application/emulation and none so far have been 100%. Any suggestions
? Thanks!
Jean-Pierre Radley
2004-08-18 23:53:46 UTC
aichains typed (on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:35:26PM -0700):
| What program is everyone using for remote ssh access to SCO machines
| running Medical Manager ? I've tried about every combination of
| application/emulation and none so far have been 100%. Any suggestions
| ? Thanks!

What does Medical Manager, as compared to anything else you might want to
run on the remote, have to do with accessing the remote via ssh?

What platform are you coming from?
If it's a Unix-like substance, then just use "ssh'.
If it's a Windoze-like substance, Anzio Lite will do ssh too.
JP
David Smith
2004-08-19 01:07:43 UTC
Are you using the MMClient or just a run-of-the-mill ANSI emulator? I don't
think MMClient ever supported ssh directly. but I agree that if you're just
doing an ANSI session.. use Anzio-Lite. $25.00 or so per client, can't beat
it.
Dave
former Companion Technologies (Medical Manager provider) Technician
? Thanks!
Tony Lawrence
2004-08-19 10:51:27 UTC
Post by aichains
What program is everyone using for remote ssh access to SCO machines
running Medical Manager ? I've tried about every combination of
application/emulation and none so far have been 100%. Any
suggestions
Post by aichains
? Thanks!
Well, if you really have tried everything, I bet you are doing
something wrong.

See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1winterm.html
Tony Lawrence
Steve Fabac
2004-08-21 00:43:52 UTC
Post by aichains
What program is everyone using for remote ssh access to SCO machines
running Medical Manager ? I've tried about every combination of
application/emulation and none so far have been 100%. Any suggestions
? Thanks!
I'm not familiar with MM. But if you have a TCP based terminal program
that works on the local network, then just use "port forwarding" on
any Windows SSH terminal program ( I like and use TerraTermPro ),
and install your unnamed terminal program on the off site Windows system
and have it connect to "local host."

I use TerraTermPro, and forward port 23 (telnet) and use any Telnet
program to connect to local host and login on the remote UNIX system.

I have also port forwarded ports for Active Fax and Carbon Copy using
TerraTermPro. Active Fax fax client on the home Windows machine
is forwarded to the office Active Fax Windows Server and the off-site
user Faxes from the Office fax server. I have set up Carbon Copy for
a CPS where the office Tax preparation program keeps the client data
in compressed files and the Windows Work station uncompressed the files
to the same directory on the server. Doing this across any WAN link is
painful. Using CC at the office and at the home end, the office machine
with CC does the open/uncompress/write to the server at local LAN speed
and Carbon Copy displays the running application to the home user to
work on the client's tax return.
--
Steve Fabac
S.M. Fabac & Associates
816/765-1670
j***@gmail.com
2005-01-21 18:40:48 UTC
These posts were from some time ago, however I figured this solution
may be handy. My current place of employment uses medical manager,
however it is not hosted locally. We are using v9.31.02. You need to
have wy60 emulation. If you're a linux guru, you can download a nifty
wy60 emulator, namely from:
http://gutschke.com/wy60/
and run something to the effect of this:
wy60 -c telnet IP
or preferrably, if the service is supported;
wy60 -c ssh -l LOGINNAME IP
It's been ported to windows, or you can build it in cygwin. It works
out of the box, however, with minor modification, you can get the
terminal to look more cleanly centered (you'll see what I mean when you
try it). It's nothing a little c-hacking doesn't solve quickly. You
can also use tiny term (but you have to pay license fees for that...
ewww...

I would also like to add that i've noticed some controversial server
administration at my current place of employment. Not by our
employees, but from the company that is hosting Medical Manager for us.
In fact, if the administrators to not have the profiles and
permissions set up correctly on the server end, you can simply do an
ESC/ESC, CTRL-C very quickly, and you will be dropped to a command
line. NOT-SO-GOOD, let me tell you :-) They are using AIX 5.

There are a few other exploits that I am aware of that are not as
simplistic as the one listed above. I will post them eventually.

If you have questions or comments, let me know:
***@ncogni.to

Joseph Armbruster IV
816/765-1670
u***@hotpop.com
2005-01-25 15:47:23 UTC
Post by aichains
Post by Steve Fabac
[...]
You can configure medical manager to support many different types of
terminals, including linux console. It uses its own terminal
definitions so generally what your TERM enviroment is set to is
irrevelant. Since you can abort out to the OS, try looking at
.profile (or whatever it is for the shell you are using) see if it is
passing any command line args to the med command. Also try running
seererm from the directory where med is run, it will show the 9
terminal definitions currently defined. Typically 1 is for a SCO
console (even on AIX systems). So to run medical manager with sco
emulation run med t1.

Being able to abort to the shell prompt can be fixed by coniguring the
trap command. You shold notify your host of the problem so they can
fix it.